USING PSYCHOMETRIC AND COMPETENCY- BASED ASSESSMENT TO GET THE FULL PICTURE OF YOUR CANDIDATE 🧩
We like to use the analogy of a puzzle to explain potential job applicants. People are complex beings made up of many different little pieces. When you get an understanding of all these different elements that come together to complete the puzzle, it becomes clear that spending 30-60 minutes in an interview wont give you the information you need to fully know if a candidate is a good match to your position and company.
Using a combination of psychometric and competency-based assessment tools we put together the pieces..
- 🧩 Cognitive ability has been proven to predict job performance 200% better than a job interview 300% better than previous work experience400% better than education level.
- 🧩 Reasoning ability refers to the power and effectiveness of the processes and strategies used in drawing inferences, reaching conclusions, arriving at solutions, and making decisions based on available evidence.
- 🧩 Personality assessments give us information about a person’s motivations, preferences, interests, emotional make-up, and style of interacting with people and situations.
- 🧩 Emotional Intelligence is a set of emotional and social skills that influence the way we perceive and express ourselves, develop and maintain social relationships, cope with challenges and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way.
- 🧩 Measuring honesty is beneficial in many ways. Companies perceived as bastions of integrity are seen as more credible to investors, clients and employees. Credibility generates trust, productivity, sales, market share and promotional opportunities, all of these being catalysts to maximising profit and establishing a stellar employer brand.
- 🧩 Candidate potential. With many skills, roles, and technology becoming obsolete in less than three years, businesses need to realise the significance of high-potential employees in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) world.
- 🧩 A survey by Refresh Leadership revealed that “Cultural Fit” is the #1 most difficult attribute to assess during an interview. It is hard enough to assess if candidates have the skills and competencies for a role, trying to figure out if they will perform within your company is even harder. Just because a candidate was a rockstar at their previous employer, does not mean that it will translate to your business.
We combine all of these elements into an holistic, competency-based assessment report that gives you the insights to make a better informed decision.
Good fit is not only beneficial to the company who is hiring, it’s also crucial to the candidate who will thrive in a business and role that they are well matched to. The reverse is also avoiding a job situation where they are not matched which can lead to severe job dissatisfaction.
WE GIVE YOU THE FULL PICTURE!